Maharashtra medical council
Maharashtra Medical Council is the oldest body and successor body of the old Bombay Medical Council, that has been established in September 1912 and has been at existence until bifurcation of old Bombay State.
The Very First assembly of the Bombay Medical Council has been held on 24th September 1912 beneath the President boat of Mr H. W. Stevenson. Inside his address, Mr H. W. Stevenson explained that there is an extensive gap between freedom and license. He further stated the registration of medical guy finds him together with all the consent of the Authorities of the nation and it is recognized as being a guarantee of his professional ethics.
In the year 1929 the Bombay Municipal Corporation, at its meeting held on 27th October 1929, unanimously passed a resolution that personal dispensaries, who dispense medicine after examination of the patient and where there is not any sale of medical drugs ought to be exempted of payment for Shop Act.
In 1917 Government of Bombay amended the Bombay Medical Council Act, 1912 and made the provision of reciprocal registration procedure involving the two Councils.
On the recommendation of the Bombay Medical Council, the Code of Medical Ethics was proposed for the advice of the Medical Practitioners. There are three fundamentals, which may be thought of as the cornerstone of Medical Ethics that, a medical man should respect his coworkers, his patients and his Country.
In the year 1913, the whole registered members of the Bombay Medical Council were 1137, which have been raised to 13192 in 1952. The Maharashtra Medical Council has registered 88153 physicians as on 30-06-2005.