Varicose Veins are swollen veins that appear dark purple or blue in color on legs and feet. A person is affected by Varicose Veins when the Valves in the Veins do not work properly and the blood flows in the wrong direction.
Varicose Veins are mostly affected in pregnant women, people who are obese, family hereditary, people who are above 50 years of age and it affects women more than men.
Symptoms of Varicose veins
Varicose Veins cause Itching, Pain, Swollen ankles, and discolored patches of skin over the legs. Most people consider it a simple problem but it becomes complicated for some people and leads to health problems.
When to worry about Varicose Veins
- When you have a Severe pain feels like a deep ache or heaviness in your legs
- When you are suffering from Itching and rashes over your leg.
- When you are suffering from Muscle cramps when blood pools in the veins instead of flowing through muscle tissue as it should
- Ulcer and open skin wounds.
Self-care at Home for Varicose Veins
We are fortunate; there are treatments for varicose veins. If there is a mild pain then doctors advice us to do self-care at home. The general tips or advice they give are
- Avoid sitting or standing for longer periods
- Wear compression socks and proper shoes
- Healthy eating and avoid gaining overweight
- Varicose veins treatment if your veins are affected severely
When to see a Vascular Surgeon/ Vein doctor?
It is always advisable to consult a doctor If you have Varicose Veins. However, once your veins start to become varicose and there are some risk factors like aging, obesity, pregnancy, sitting, or standing for a prolonged time can make matters worse. Varicose Veins should be treated or else it can result in severe conditions. We at Starcare provide a complete range of vascular and endovascular surgical services and all Vascular Surgeon are dedicated to providing comprehensive and interdisciplinary care to our patients. In case you are experiencing any of the Varicose Vein symptoms, make sure you give our doctor a call and schedule an appointment here –www.starcarehospitals.com/appointments